We are all aware of the fact that numerous individuals out there believed that reflexology is one type of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After you read this write-up, it will not just broaden your knowledge about reflexology but will also change your perception about it.
Meaning of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. The said energy is responsible for enlivening our bodies as well as helping it in healing itself. This involves the application of gentle pressure in the reflex points of our hands and bodies to bring deep relaxation and help return to the state-of-balance. Some also call reflexology as zone therapy.
It is an ancient healing therapy that originated from China to relieve stress as well as treat pain in various parts of the body. With reflexology, the Chinese people had balanced as well as healthy lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. Today, you can come across growing number of wellness and health spas that showcase reflexology as one of their services.
Knowing the Rewards of Reflexology to Us
Given the non-invasive methods used in reflexology, anyone can undergo this form of therapy, regardless of their gender, age and health conditions. Studies show that numerous men and women used reflexology in treating arthritic, mobility as well as pain problems. It is also effectual in treating various physical and psychological concerns. The other benefits of reflexology are as follows:
1. There are lots of individuals out there who make use of reflexology in treating various types of body pains.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. You can use this method to improve the flow and circulation of blood in your body.
4. You can use reflexology in regulating the cholesterol level of your body.
5. Numerous hypertensive men and women make use of reflexology in regulating their blood pressure.
6. It also stimulates the nerve functions.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. There are lots of doctors out there who apply reflexology to their cancer patients to help in easing their pain, anxiety, vomiting and nausea.
8. Numerous reports also show that doctors use it in easing pregnant women through delivery as well as post partum effects after they give birth.
9. There are also those who undergo reflexology to treat various ailments like thyroid disorders, kidney problems, allergies, skin diseases, asthma, insomnia and many more.